My reading in February was amazing…but life events weren’t much so. I am slowly believing that more reading time equals less social life, but it’s okay, I guess it happens to every bookworm. So as to keep this post short, here are some of the things about mi vida this month.
- I set foot in Calatagan, Batangas for the first time! During the last prayer meeting here at home, mommy’s co-household planned a despedida party for their leader and they decided to go to Calatagan. I heard of this place last year (through Eunice) and had plans of traveling there with my kumare Liza, but it never pushed through. I was so thankful that it was our destination, but it was a little unfortunate that the tide was low throughout our stay that we didn’t really get to enjoy the water.
- Unlocked – eating the newest White Almond Magnum. Yeah, shallow I know, but it was such a sweet treat I gave myself. My body cannot really tolerate cold milk products, but every once in a while, I give in to temptations.
- One night, neighbors were frantic about asking us to switch off appliances because the transformer at the electric post was smoking as well as emitting liquid. It caused a little tension, but Meralco replaced the old transformer with a new one, so hooray!
- My first Book Outlet order is now with me! I am so happy to finally have them!
- BookishPinoys organized a book exchange activity and I got to receive “The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight” by Jennifer E. Smith. In exchange, I gave my copy of “Beautiful Disaster” by Jamie McGuire.
- I tried a new recipe this month – Beef Cotolette, a dish taught to me by Lorenzo. Such a simple dish, but very delicious! Next month, I vow to cook more new dishes.
- My allergy worsened this month. There were instances that I would sneeze twenty times (one after another), and would have runny nose all day and all night long. This caused me to have some ringing in my ears, and my eyesight worsening, and at times I feared my brain might be leaking some fluids, but for some reason, the sneezing stopped altogether. Well, I would still have the usual runny nose upon waking up in the morning and I would sneeze every once in a while especially if I am still awake by midnight, but I am feeling much better by the end of the month. My ears are also okay now, but my eyesight sure suffered, I need to have a new pair of eyeglasses.
- I received a Valentine’s Day gift from my friend Cath – a pack of goodies and some of her personally created bookmarks. Tinkyow, Catirin!
- I acquired a total of 10 books and read 12 books this month. Ooohhh, that is a good ratio, me thinks!
- I won Geemizbooks’s birthday giveaway! I was so happy about it because I won US$30 worth of book(s) from The Book Depository. I already made my choices, and once I receive them, I will surely write a proper post about it.
- I decided to do Mani Monday here on my blog, but I seriously don’t know if doing so was a good idea. On the one hand it would give my existing nail polishes the love and the exposure they deserve, but I fear that if I finally swatch all of it, it might make me buy more nail polishes. Oh well, let’s just cross the bridge when we get there.
- My main distraction this month has got to be watching Filipino movies on YouTube! I have binged watch movies after movies, mostly those shown in the 80s. It’s nice to see how movies were back then, but I got to say, even with the very conservative Filipino culture, movies seem to show a lot of pre-marital sex and people taking on affairs.
So yeah, the month was a little boring – there were no food trips and I wasn’t able to attend some events, but February was still a good month, and I look forward to a better month this March.